Thursday, March 11, 2010

His Lady's Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls (book review)

I downloaded His Lady's Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls onto my nook as a free ebook. I am a huge fan of historical romances and settled in for a cozy read.

From start to finish, I loved this book. I have never before read any of Elizabeth Rolls' books, so I didn't know what to expect, like I would with Sabrina Jeffries or Eloisa James.

One thing that struck me about this book was the pain I felt for the main character, Verity Scott. She lost her father and then her identity when she was taken in by her family. I literally felt Verity's pain... the pain of loss, the pain of rejection, the pain of feeling not good enough... I even shed a few tears, the pain was so palpable to me.

If you love historical romances and want to be so engrossed in the story that you feel the characters' emotions - the pain and the joy - this is the book for you. I look forward to finding more books by Ms. Rolls and wholeheartedly agree that this free ebook was worth the read.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Kathy Glynn said...

Congratulations on winning the $200 Gift Card Giveaway! Enjoy!!!

Rajee said...

Would love if you follow my blog, http://momsfocusonline.com

Ending Soon-All September contests are extended to Sep.27 at Midnight Pacific Ti[..] - http://b2l.me/at79h4

Nice to meet you!

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Sounds awesome!

Thanks for checking out my blog. I LOVE yours.

Marlee said...

Great blog here! Not sure how to follow you? Or maybe I already am...haha. Thanks for commenting on my post, I've never left the country before so I need all the info I can get!!

Ca88andra said...

I've never heard of Elizabeth Rolls but I think I have read all of Georgette Heyer's books.

Becky said...

My sister loves historical fiction! Thanks for coming by my blog so I could come over here and find a great gift idea! Off to read more reviews! :)