Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dean Koontz' Odd Hours coming May 20th - get a sneak peek !

If you are a fan of the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, be sure to check out the Odd Thomas page on Mr. Koontz' site! Odd Hours, the fourth installment of the Odd Thomas series is debuting on May 20th. I already checked my library and there are 55 people ahead of me in the queue. I think I'll be buying this copy instead!

When I visited the author's site tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could read the first two chapters of Odd Hours by signing up. After I signed up, a link was provided for me to read the content. All I have to say is wow!

A huge fan of Odd Thomas, I began reading the series when the Penguin had a channel on BzzAgent (I really, really miss that as I found lots of great books to read.) In that case, I had gotten an excerpt of the last book, Brother Odd, and was so intrigued I went back and read the previous books in the series.

What intrigues me about this series is the main character, Odd Thomas, and his uncanny abilities. I seem to have a preference for books dealing with dead people I guess since I read the Harper Connelly mysteries by Charlaine Harris as well as a few other macabre mystery authors.

Getting back to the two chapter excerpt, reading it was like bumping into an old friend. Odd Thomas is such a likable character and you really feel his pain. The poor guy has been through a lot in just 21 years of life! These two chapters will have you riveted to your seat and begging for more, or more to the point, wanting to run out on May 20th to grab your own copy to begin unraveling his latest adventure, not to mention find out just why Frank Sinatra is hanging out with Odd now that Elvis has gone home!

Links:

Dean Koontz' website

Odd Thomas' web page

Be sure to check out the webisodes!

No comments: