Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hoping to keep this blog up-to-date in the new year

I admit it, I've been a slacker. Not that I haven't been reading... it is just that many of the books I was reading were for a private site. I had to write a review and writing two just seemed like too much energy. However, in 2010, I do hope to be much better about blogging about what I am reading and/or what I have read.

I am hoping to blog here more as a journal of what I've read. I asked my library once if they kept track of what I borrowed so that I would know a tally of what I've read. Nope. Probably a good thing else they'd be in trouble for keeping too many stats on people for privacy reasons.

So just what have I read this year? Well, I won't count the two books I read at the tail end of last year on my new nook. (nook or Kindle? It was a tough choice.) But I will tell you that I am reading a book called Homespun Bride (hey, it was free at bn.com) and so far, so good. I really like historical romances. Our world now is so chock full of distractions, devices, etc. that it is almost refreshing to step back in time when people rode by horse, carriage or sleigh.

Stay tuned... I hope to keep this blog updated more frequently. Don't be shy - feel free to recommend a good book. If you know of any good free e-books, let me know that too!

No comments: